Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Of Course I am the Bacon

Here I am, in the middle of the proverbial sandwich.  Officially a member of the sandwich generation.

About 10 years ahead of schedule.

I certainly didn't think I would be here yet, at least I hoped not.  I thought that things would be different.  That I'd be able to get my babies raised up a little bit more before I found myself helping in two different directions. 

So much for that.

As Dad says, life decided to toss us all a curve ball.

Just a little earlier in the game than we planned for.

So, I'm settling in here between my pieces of bread.  Between my parents and my children.  Trying to do what I can for them both, knowing I'll never be able to do it all.

Lucky for me, I've got a lot of company in the sandwich.  The people that make the distance between the pieces of bread not seem so far away.

If I'm gonna be a sandwich, I have to be a BLT.  Because bacon is almost as awesome as I am.

You can't have a BLT without the mayo, the lettuce and tomato, though. 

Profound gratitude to all my condiments.  Without you, I'd just be a piece of bacon slipping between a few pieces of toast.

I'll let you all guess who the pickle is.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean... I was that bacon and being in that sandwich wasn't where I wanted to be AT ALL. However, I am stronger for it and you will be too! CONDIMENTS KICK ASS!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts