Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lucky

I'm lucky to have this lady in my life.  Some of you might know her.  ;)

I met her for the first time over 16 years ago.  (Seriously, it just cannot have been that long ago!)

I walked into the tiny little room I'd be sharing my freshman year of college and she was there.

Smiling from ear to ear. 

She had an infectious laugh and the most adorable parents in the known world.

We would stay up late at night talking.  All.the.time.

She can have fun easier than anyone I've ever known.

She has her own trademarked smile for when she is silently telling someone off. 

She could out-eat anyone in the dorms.  Guys included.  She used potatoes in a way that famous artists have worked in other mediums.  It was a sight to behold.

She and I shared a living space for most of college. 

She is still one of the only people I know that would brave some of the menu items at Chano's.  Tongue burritos?  Really?

She was in my wedding.

She was one of the first people to race down to see us when Tom was sick.

She always has time to see us, even when she probably doesn't.  Always.

She found an amazing guy and fell in love.

She got married the Fall we moved, and I still regret the fact that I couldn't be there.

She finished a marathon.

She managed to stay pregnant with twins longer than I ever have been able to with one baby.  She rocks.

And today, far away from me, she is becoming a mother.

Two little boys are about to be lucky enough to be hers.

It only makes sense for them to have a lucky birthday.

Congratulations Kim!!!!  I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts