Sunday, January 23, 2011

Desperate Times

They call for desperate measures, they do.

Or so they say anyway.

I was up really late last night, then up through the night. 

Then I was up early.  For no particular reason.

Insomnia, not uncommon in my life.   Currently with a reason.

I was up early enough to see the sun rise this morning. 

Four other people in the house sleeping, even if not soundly.

I didn't want to wake anyone earlier than they needed to be.  Sleep around here needs to happen whenever and however, and I'm not about to interfere with that.

But, having said that, I needed coffee.  I didn't just want coffee.

I needed coffee.

I walked into the kitchen, emptied the old coffee from the day before and went to grab a new filter out of the cabinet.  No filters.

I looked and looked and couldn't find one.  I didn't want to go rifling through the cabinets too much, didn't want to make any noise.  But I needed coffee and I wasn't going to wait until someone else got up.

So I did what I had to do. 

Grabbed the used filter full of coffee grounds out of the trash.  Dumped out the grounds.  And washed it.

Made and drank a pot of coffee before anyone else even opened an eye.

Oh yes I did.
You read that right.

I can deal with sleep deprivation, but only if I get my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts