Sunday, December 5, 2010

Things Children Should Not Be Allowed To Do

There are a lot of things that children should not be allowed to do. 

Wrestle alligators. 

Chase tornadoes.

Play with shards of glass.

Light stuff on fire.

Things like that.  Those ones are obvious anyway.   There are a lot more things that are on that list, or at least should be in my opinion. 

Then there are the things that other people let my children do.  Without my permission.  I wish they wouldn't. 

First on that list is something at school that grates on my nerves.  Sign up sheets for parties.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for celebrations in the classroom.  I love that they still let kids be kids, even if it's only for the designated 15 minutes at the end of the day.  But who in their right mind thought it was okay to put the kids in charge of the sign up sheets?  Honestly.

I had already told my kids that I would bring something to their Halloween (oh, wait, I mean Fall) parties.  I made over 100 little owl graham cracker things since they all wanted me to make them for their classes.  Fine.  It took me a while to even find all the stuff I needed, let alone make them.  I had nightmares about marshmallow eyes. 

Then, the night before the parties, Ashley came home from school to tell me that she had signed us up for gift bags.  You what?   Really?  With less than 24 hours notice, I now have to assemble gift bags for the entire class too?

That's awesome.

Kids should not be allowed to write on sign up sheets.  Especially not without some kind of parental advanced warning system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts