Last year before Christmas, I wrote a list of all the things I wanted. Some were simple, some were totally outlandish, some were necessities, some were excesses I could never dream of. I wrote that list all the way back in October of last year....man, I guess I was feeling really optimistic.
Believe it or not, I actually got some of the things on that list from last year.
I didn't get a pony though. Insert world's tiniest violin.
It's only a few weeks to Christmas, and I haven't written my list yet. I suppose I should, though at this point in my life, which is a very different point than it was in October of last year, the only things I really want this year aren't "things" at all.
Anyway, here is my list. Not that I have any delusions of a rotund man in a red suit putting anything under my tree or anything...
1. I want some really nice new cardigans. The last one I bought myself was three years ago.
2. I want an immersion blender so I can force my family eat even more soup than I already do.
3. I want a super awesome recipe organizer, right now I'm using a 3-ring binder and sheet protectors.
4. I want a real Christmas tree. (shhh, don't tell Tom...he HATES our fake tree and begged for a real one this year)
5. I want someone to remind me to set the programmable coffee maker that I already own at night before I go to bed.
6. I want laser eye surgery so I can actually see my alarm clock at night.
7. I want Ashley's hearing to magically get better.
8. I want to go back to when I wrote my last list and live the rest of my life the way I did then.
9. I want a teleporter. Or a private jet. Or a clone.
10. I want a miracle.
C'mon Santa...you made good on some of my wishes last year....and mostly I just want that last one.
Some of My Most Popular Posts
My one year old has recently developed fairly severe eczema, maybe even worse than his older sister had at his age. This is the worst part o...
I feel like I've already written about this giraffe, and I know for certain that I have been periodically checking in on her for about a...
My husband stayed home from work yesterday. Over the weekend, he'd fallen up in the mountains, going and hurting himself in the process....
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
The past week has been a difficult one for me and for so many of the people I love. I won't go rehashing what happened, mostly because i...
The following is a post I wrote on Saturday morning. I was sitting in a college classroom on the other side of the state, there for Science...
The internet is quite literally full of articles about the right way and the wrong way to be a feminist right now, especially after this wee...
Not really, of course. He's been dead over three years now. He was there though, on Friday, in the unlikeliest of places. Mi...
I wrote a post on Facebook yesterday, lamenting the fact that one of the theories I'd held fast to throughout my tenure as a parent was ...
I was standing in the hallway tonight, urging my toddler to fall asleep in his bed, awaiting his recurrent footsteps towards doorway when so...