Last year before Christmas, I wrote a list of all the things I wanted. Some were simple, some were totally outlandish, some were necessities, some were excesses I could never dream of. I wrote that list all the way back in October of last year....man, I guess I was feeling really optimistic.
Believe it or not, I actually got some of the things on that list from last year.
I didn't get a pony though. Insert world's tiniest violin.
It's only a few weeks to Christmas, and I haven't written my list yet. I suppose I should, though at this point in my life, which is a very different point than it was in October of last year, the only things I really want this year aren't "things" at all.
Anyway, here is my list. Not that I have any delusions of a rotund man in a red suit putting anything under my tree or anything...
1. I want some really nice new cardigans. The last one I bought myself was three years ago.
2. I want an immersion blender so I can force my family eat even more soup than I already do.
3. I want a super awesome recipe organizer, right now I'm using a 3-ring binder and sheet protectors.
4. I want a real Christmas tree. (shhh, don't tell Tom...he HATES our fake tree and begged for a real one this year)
5. I want someone to remind me to set the programmable coffee maker that I already own at night before I go to bed.
6. I want laser eye surgery so I can actually see my alarm clock at night.
7. I want Ashley's hearing to magically get better.
8. I want to go back to when I wrote my last list and live the rest of my life the way I did then.
9. I want a teleporter. Or a private jet. Or a clone.
10. I want a miracle.
C'mon Santa...you made good on some of my wishes last year....and mostly I just want that last one.
Some of My Most Popular Posts
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
I haven't written this yet, but it's not officially your birthday yet, right? You weren't born until the afternoon, so technical...
I warned a friend months ago that I felt like 2017 would be the year I start biting people. Months ago. I haven't actually bitten an...
The internet is quite literally full of articles about the right way and the wrong way to be a feminist right now, especially after this wee...
The following is a post I wrote on Saturday morning. I was sitting in a college classroom on the other side of the state, there for Science...
I was standing in the hallway tonight, urging my toddler to fall asleep in his bed, awaiting his recurrent footsteps towards doorway when so...
This is my eighth annual Christmas list. Which is crazy. There's simply no way I have been doing this for that long. If you're so in...
My one year old has recently developed fairly severe eczema, maybe even worse than his older sister had at his age. This is the worst part o...
FOR THE LOVE PEOPLE. I haven't written one of these in a while, so brace yourselves. It's Not About The Emails... I was a Be...
It's so weird how cyclical I am. It's as though the individual cells in my body can anticipate things before my brain starts to figu...