Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 7

Day 7 - Who has made your life worth living for?

I have to be honest with you all.  That is the whole point of this challenge, after all.  To be truthful about your answers and everything.  And I have been, for the most part. 

What I haven't done is answer the questions with my real first answer all the time.  And I won't.  Right now I can't.  I already am regretting taking this challenge on in a lot of ways.  Life isn't kind or nice or fair right now, not that it ever is.  Because of that, sometimes I admit to giving you all my second answer to these questions.  Or third.  Or tenth. 

They are all true though, that much I can promise you.

On to this question....this one I can give you my first response to. 

This is an easy question for me to answer. 

The person who has made my life worth living is my husband.  He came into my life at a time when I was struggling to find who I really was.  The prior few years had been tumultuous ones to say the least. 

I was a shell of a person.  I doubted my worthiness of friendship and love. 

Then, one day, he was there.  Though he had been there for months, literally sitting next to me, we hadn't spoken until one fateful day.  The rest, as they say, is history.

He loved me, with my flaws and all.  He loved me for who I was, not who I was trying to be.  He loved me.

He's been the one to hold me at night when my world came crashing down.  He's picked me up when I've hit bottom.  He's shown me what strength is.  He is my rock, my center, my home.  Though he's not a religious man, he's never had anything but complete faith in something else.  Me. 

He's pretty damn amazing.  I need to tell him that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts