Monday, December 6, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 5

Day 5 - What is something you hope to do in your life?

This one is easy.

Someday I want to travel to Europe, spend too much money, eat too much delicious food, drink too much wine and take too many pictures.

I want to go on the kind of vacation where you don't worry about how much things cost, where you don't get the least bit homesick, where you imagine just staying there forever. 

I want to be surrounded by history and culture and the heritage of my ancestors. 

I want to visit my family's village in Ireland and drink a few pints with a distant cousin.

I want to walk the streets of the town that my father-in-law's family came from in the Netherlands. 

I want to know how the world looks from the top of the Eiffel Tower. 

I want to hear the bells of Notre Dame.

I want to ride in a gondola in Venice. 

I want to marvel at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. 

I want to see the Acropolis. 

I want to walk along the place where the Berlin Wall once stood. 

I want to be humbled by Auschwitz. 

I want to sing in the hills of Vienna. 

I want to take my picture with the guards outside Buckingham Palace.

I want to stand above the cliffs of Normandy.

I want to stand beneath the Colosseum.

I want to walk through Red Square.

I want to behold the majesty of the Alps.

Someday I will get there.  Someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts