Saturday, December 25, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 24

Day 24 -  Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs.

Hmm, who to make a playlist for?  I did one for my husband a while back, You can read that one here if you want.  Forgive me, I wasn't so good at creating links back then.  I've warned you all about my technological incompetence before....

I've written about quite a few other songs that remind me of other people.

Today, though I am going to make a list dedicated to someone I haven't even seen in over a decade.  Someone that I reconnected with online, and am probably closer to now than I ever was back when we saw each other all the time. 

Someone who will completely appreciate this.

Merry Christmas, G. 

Hallelujah, K.D. Lang- quite possibly the most amazing live version of any song I've ever heard, from the Olympics.  This one makes me cry every.single.time.

Put Your Records On, Corinne Bailey Rae - let your hair down.

Umbrella, Rhianna - you can stand under mine. 

Move Along, All American Rejects - enough said.

Learning to Fly, Tom Petty - aren't we all?

The Dog Days Are Over, Florence + The Machine - man, I hope so.

Raise Your Glass, Pink - we can always party on our own.

Fragile, Sting - one of the most beautiful songs ever written about humanity.

Return to Innocence, Enigma - we could all hope, right?

Not Afraid, Eminem - when you gotta do what you gotta do.

What Goes Around, Justin Timberlake - because sometimes karma is fun to witness.  :)

In My Daughter's Eyes, Martina McBride - not sure you listen to Country at all, but this is what I imagine your relationship is with your baby girl.

Just Breathe, Anna Nalick - because sometimes that's all you can do.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - it just has to rain first.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts