Thursday, December 16, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 15

Day 15 - What is something or who is someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it?

Halfway done.  Whew. 

Thank goodness this one is easy.  And anyone who knows me well enough already knows this answer. 

Coffee. 

I.Love.Coffee.

I drink a lot of it.  Like at least half a pot a day.  I know, right?

The kids know that mommy needs her coffee.  I've trained them well. 

I had to laugh at the Christmas party last night.  Someone commented on how huge the coffee mugs were, and I was simultaneously thinking how small they were.  I like my coffee big.  What I drink it out of at home isn't a petite little coffee cup.  It's a huge beast of a cup, more like a bowl than anything else. 

I've tried to quit many times.  I've even attempted to phase it out in the bizarre Catholic self punishment that is Lent more than once.

I switched to decaf when I was pregnant, desperately trying to retain some cosmic psychological benefits.   Thankfully none of my kids were ever sensitive to coffee when I was nursing.  I'm not sure how I would have survived the sleep deprivation without the good stuff. 

I often wonder about the person who stared at a bean one day long ago and thought...hey, I could do something fantastic with this.  I love that person.  Seriously. 

Speaking of coffee....I need a refill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts