Tuesday, December 14, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 13

Day 13 - What is the band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days?

As much as I love music, there isn't really one band or artist that I turn to.  There is one song though. 

This one. 

Wheels, Foo Fighters

I find myself playing this one a lot. 

Ironically, the very first time I heard this song I was on a plane. 

Flying back home from California at the end of February alone. 

Flying away from where I felt like I should be. 

Flying back to where I knew I needed to be. 

Flying away from some of the the hardest days of my life.

Flying into the unknown future.

Flying away from one part of my life to the other.

Getting on that plane took all the strength I had.  It took the acceptance of the fact that there were things out of my control.  It took the realization that I still had little lives depending on me, no matter what else happened.  It took faith and it took hope. 

At some point mid flight I managed to stop crying, and when I did, this song came on the in-flight radio.  At just about exactly the time in my life that I needed it. 

Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts