Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Scatterbrained

Today is one of those days.  I can already tell.  I am going to have a hard time focusing today.

Sometimes I swear I have adult onset ADD....I get distracted by shiny. 



Squirrel!

If it wasn't for the fact that I really am thinking about 1.3 million different  things, I would be worried.

But I am.  And I'm having a hard time concentrating on any of them.

My kitchen is a mess, my laundry room about to be swallowed up whole by the ever growing mound of clothes. 

I have things to deliver to a pregnant mom at school, in an attempt to simultaneously help her out and get the stuff out of my house. 

I have 3 of the kids home right now since it's a late start day, though 2 of them will be on their way shortly.

I have no idea what I am making for dinner tonight, since I failed miserably at making a meal plan for the week.  This would be why I always have frozen vegetables, rice and chicken in my house. 

I am trying half-heartedly to lose weight, and have succeeded at exercising on a regular basis this week.  Yay me.  Too bad there is that bowl of Halloween candy that seems to be following me around where ever I go.  I swear it grew legs.

I need to figure out what I am doing for Thanksgiving, but that whole holiday is in limbo.  As is just about everything in my universe right now.  Waiting.  Tick tock.  Tick tock.  I want to believe I am a patient person, but I know that I am not.  I need to work on that.

I need to start budgeting for Christmas and make lists.  I hate that.  Just one year I want to be able to go and buy gifts for anyone and everyone I want to, and I want to buy them what I want to buy them without worrying if it's too much.  Without wondering if this is going to screw the family budget for the next three months.  I liked Christmas a lot more when I wasn't the one paying for it.

I need to do these things and about a million others.  But I'm too busy.  I have a Daisy meeting and soccer practice today.  Then I have to make something for dinner. 

And then I get to get up and do it all again tomorrow.  

I get an extra hour this weekend when the time changes....I'm going to have to use that hour wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts