Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Alright

Not many people around me will understand the significance of today in my universe, but a few might.

Today is one of those days that I am thankful for a lot of things.  I am thankful for time.  For love.  For miracles.  For being so busy that I hopefully won't have a chance to think about it. 

Today is a big day.  Huge.

I found it only appropriate that there was a bizarre sudden storm that rolled through yesterday afternoon.  From out of nowhere, with no warning at all, we were in the middle of swirling violent winds, the house being pelted by rain, ice, angry leaves and an occasional snowflake.  I had to batten down the hatches, so to say.  The hatches that hadn't needed much battening this year. 

This was the most powerful storm we've seen around here in a while.

Winter's version of a micro burst thunderstorm.

As fast as it came it was gone.

This morning, I woke up to a sky full of blue, sunlight streaming in through the windows.  A view of the most magnificent snow capped mountains outside.  The air is crisp and still. 

I stepped out into the world, the warmth of the sunshine on my face and cried. 

Something told me that it's going to be alright.

I love you Daddy.  Keep fighting the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts