Monday, November 22, 2010

Excuse me while I attempt to pry my eyelids open...

You ever have one of those nights where you just know there isn't going to be much restful sleep going on?  When one kids wakes up sick and you just know that that's only the beginning? 

I had one of them last night. 

I have mountains of laundry this morning to wash, all the beds but one have been stripped in the wake of our early morning stomach virus.

I had delusions of grandeur for this week.  For this time off from school.  I had plans, big plans.  We were going to do all sorts of fun stuff, me and the kids.  Ice skating, pottery painting, maybe even a trip to the dreaded money-suck Build A Bear.  For now, though, that's all on hold. 

I've got one kid that hasn't thrown up yet. 

Am I tempting fate by waiting for what seems inevitable?

You'll have to excuse me if I am a little cranky this morning. 

I'm going to brew and drink at least one pot of coffee right now.   Then I am going to pry my eyelids open and keep going on the laundry that started over an hour ago.

So much for a fun, relaxing break from school.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw! I'm so sorry! Who all is sick? Pray you get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts