Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is that a Challenge?

So, much to my surprise, my doctor pulled me completely off my blood pressure medication today.  It wasn't outside the normal range, I'm not taking it twice a day anyway, and the half life on this stuff is seriously like 8 hours.  

He seems to think that I might be able to get it down through those fancy new medical advances...you know, diet and exercise.  If he could somehow remove the stress from my life, that would help too.  Make all the things that I have on my mind magically poof away.  That'd be great. 

So, we'll see. 

Being as I am the unusual person who actually generally loses weight around the holidays, the timing is good.  I cook and bake so much this time of year that the last thing I want to do it eat any of it.  Seems to work out for me that way.

Here's my goal, for now.  I figure if I put it out there for you all to see, you might hold me more accountable.  I'd like to lose ten pounds by the end of the year.  Works out to a pound a week, totally in the range of achievable. 

I'll even whip up a little ticker to post somewhere on here....so you can all track my progress (or lack thereof), and praise or flog me accordingly. 

Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts