Thursday, September 23, 2010

Retire

My name is Kelly and I am addicted to Halloween costume planning.  It's been less than 12 hours since I last searched the internet frantically.

If I had any sense at all, I would retire. Go out on top, like Seinfeld. I don't think I will ever be able to beat last year. I'm fairly certain I won't. It was that good.

But I'm gonna try.

This year the kids had more say in the costume planning than last year. They actually decided, without much input from me, to coordinate their costumes again. They are characters from Toy Story 3. Aidan wanted to be Buzz one last time, Ashley is Little Bo Peep, Ally is Barbie and AJ is most likely going to be the alien. Or Potato Head. Or Rex. Or Bullseye. Or Woody. He's the only one I'm not sure about yet....hence the frantic internet searching.

For the record, Ally was very specific about which Barbie she is going to be. She has to be the one from the third movie. The one in the aqua 80's inspired aerobics outfit. Because it's super easy to find aqua leotards. Rest assured...I found one. But not before I found out that when you search the internet for metallic unitard some very stange things pop up.

I'm not sure that Tom and I will be playing along this time around. Then again, I would have to admit that he is fully entitled to a year off after what I put him through last year.

Yes, he was a flying monkey.

Even if we decide to play along, I'm not sure he is willing to play the role the kids want him to. They want him to be Woody. And he has issues with Woody.

Back when Aidan was a baby, we dressed him up as Dumbo. Tom was a cowboy. Except everyone kept calling him Woody, since, well, he really looked like Woody. He spent most of the night saying I'm NOT Woody!

By the way, I'm in SO much trouble for posting this picture...

So, he's got issues with being Woody. The kids want him to be Woody and me to be Jessie. Not making any promises this year.

Tom's more likely to be Stinky Pete, which would be hilarious.

Is it wrong that a month before Halloween, I am already scheming for next year?

Picture it:

Alice and Wonderland!!! With the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

It's gonna be awesome.

Who am I kidding? I can't retire.

2 comments:

  1. I've got petty coats...lots of them:)If you ever need them...and wooden rifles and civil war costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEED to be Woody and Jessie! And AJ should be an alien. I wanted Macy to be that until Jackson lost interest in being Buzz/Woody.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts