Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How

Sometimes being the mom of four kids is hard. I won't lie. It's not always easy. Okay, so it rarely is.

There are times that all my children are well behaved and listen and play nicely together and don't whine or argue. Those times really do happen. I promise.

Those are the times when the planets align and I can with good conscience pat myself on the back for being such a good mother.

But then there are all the other times. When someone needs something. When someone touches something that belongs to someone else. When someone doesn't want to do what we need to do. Doesn't want to go here or there.

There are the times that the whining and the fighting and the arguing gets to be so loud that I just want to plug my ears and scream la, la, la, la, la, I can't hear you!

I've been asked by many people how I do it all. How I have four kids and manage to get the stuff done that I do. Like bake and plan birthday parties with homemade invitations and volunteer and this and that.

You really want to know?

A lot of it has to do with sleep deprivation.

But then there are the other two things that help. The hows.

Coffee and vodka.

Hey, you asked. ;)

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts