Friday, September 3, 2010

Clean

My house is clean. Like, all of it. The whole thing.

(Okay, well, the basement is a horrid mess and the garage needs an intervention...)

Other than that, though, it's clean.

It's not spotless. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I do have four kids, remember? And really, there is only so much one person can do in two hours while being followed by a two year old. A two year old who systematically undoes half of what I do.

But it's clean.

And the above mentioned two year old has stopped fighting the sandman, given into his sleepiness and is peacefully dreaming upstairs.

The house smells like chocolate, cake is in the oven. There isn't much better than that.

And I am here, alone, writing.

But really, all I want to do is look around and marvel at the wonder of my house. This is how it is supposed to look, at least in my mind.

I know it won't stay this way long. AJ will be up soon enough and the other three will be home in a few hours.

I have to sit and admire it while I have the chance.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling...even if it is fleeting. Nothing like seeing your home the way you'd like it to appear to guests....but there is something about the "lived" in look that is endearing, too.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts