Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Big

My bad.

Shortly after posting earlier today, I realized what a big whiny baby I was being.

Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Life sucks sometimes. It just does. I don't want to be a whiner though.

I have this habit of giving out super awesome advice to friends when they ask for it, then refusing to heed it myself. The piece of advice coming to mind at the moment is a good one, and I need to listen to it.

Put your big girl panties on and deal.

Sure, there are a lot of things going on in my world right now, and I really don't have much control over the vast majority of them.

The simple truth is that being upset about it all isn't going to do me any good. It's not going to fix anything. It's not going to change other people. It won't fix the wrongs.

Plus, it's just really annoying.

Sorry for being such a big whiny baby.

I pulled out the big girl panties today, and I've got them on. I'm not happy about it. They don't fit right, they are uncomfortable and I'd really rather not be wearing them. But I will. Because I have to.

I have to because as I was on the verge of tears today, ready to scream in frustration, I noticed a comment here from my Dad.

I had all the windows open, a gentle breeze blowing through the house. Rain softly falling outside. I read his words. And I knew instantly that I'd been a big whiny baby.

He has far more reasons than I do to whine. And he doesn't. He never has.

He's taught me so much, and today, maybe without even intending to, he taught me more.

Life isn't about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Sometimes dancing requires big girl panties.

I love you, Dad.

1 comment:

  1. If all the raindrops were lollipops and gumdrops oh what a rain that would be. Our favorite song in this house....and hunny sometimes you are entitled to a big whine, so you can then put on the big girl panties and deal w/ all those things that are making you whine.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts