Sunday, August 29, 2010

Unknown

Most people who know me well know that I like to know what's going on around me. I ask questions. I look for answers. I usually find them. I want reasons. Those are often harder to come by.

I don't do well with the unknown. Never have.

As I've gotten older, though, I am learning (often the hard way), that sometimes it's just better not to know.

There are many times in our lives that things would just be better if we didn't know what was really going on. If we were content to just live in the moment without knowing what would happen the next day.

I don't see that I will ever completely shift my mindset to one of willed obliviousness, but it does seem appealing sometimes.

I know people that live their lives that way, and let me tell you...they just seem more at peace.

Maybe it's just that there is so much in my life right now that I'd rather not know about.

Sure would be easier.

1 comment:

  1. I think about that all the time. It is so 50/50 So tempting and so wasteful at the same time. I think it's finding out answers that produces human strength, also how you process answers and what you do with them... therefore able to handle more. Cause there's always more. Being prepared helps get through things. Doesn't feel better because who ever REALLY feels prepared for something? Some people have more thrown at them. They are already strong. Others...simply ARE oblivious..and can 'afford' to be.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts