Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Suck

I'm good at a lot of things.

I have a virtually photographic memory. You don't even want to know some of the things stored up there in my head.

I can type fast and read faster. I can cook and bake my way into any one's good graces. I can multitask, for real.

I can talk my way out of speeding tickets. I can convince people to let me have my way in just about any setting.

I make people.

I have some gifts in this world, it is true.

Dealing with technology, though, is not one of them.

I embarked on this whole blog thing at the urging of a friend. One who I am pretty sure had no idea how much I would love it. I don't think I knew how much I would love it.

And I do. Except for the fact that I have to do it all on a computer, that is.

Technology and I, best friends we aren't. I mean, I do okay with it. I'm not completely incompetent. But there are a few times a month where I have no choice but to just hand the computer to my husband and say fix this.

Handing it over works most of the time. Unfortunately for me, he knows nothing about html or formatting or design or templates or backgrounds. And between blogger changing their templates, my background host changing, and now the addition of code for BlogHer, I feel like my head is about to explode.

I just spent what seemed like days rearranging the layout, and now I'm in the middle of it again. Sigh.

I am hoping for some kind of feedback from you all out there about the current layout. Do you like it? Hate it? Is it easy to read? Easy to find stuff?

I can take criticism...it's okay. I know I suck.

Did I mention that another one of my gifts is a tremendously self deprecating sense of humor?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have bit the bullet and taken the plunge to BlogHer. I can not get myself motivated to do more....and like you I am computer stupid. My hubby is the genius, he does html in his sleep, yet, like a mechanic's car sits broken in the drive way, my computer and blog sits same ol' same ol' crappolla 'cause I don't want to bug him with little minutia of my computer problems. I save asking for the big stuff...like printing issues and such. He even watches me, in my less than computer savvy way navigate web pages to see what works and doesn't work. I've test run some of his stuff just for that purpose...can the biggest idiot navigate this page. So as to your question, it is easy to read...but I think it lacks some of your personality...but the layout works and I am sure you will personalize more once you get the hang of it all. Congrats on your new venture.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts