Monday, August 30, 2010

Illusion

Life is an illusion. Nothing is really as it seems. The older I get, the more I realize that.

We are all messed up in our own way. All of us. It's just that some people are better at hiding it than others.

What seems calm and peaceful and settled and balanced hardly ever is, at least not for long.

Sure, some people have it easier than others. I've always been surrounded by people who truly feel at the end of their rope over things I wouldn't even give pause to. Who wouldn't know what to do if anything really big and scary ever happened. Who are so clearly overwhelmed by the little things.

I've also known people who have it rougher than I ever have. Life just always seems to be handing them more. There is no break, no freedom from worry, no down time. For the most part, they manage to weather the storm. It's not like they have a choice.

And, it seems like I don't have a choice.

I keep on keeping on. I master the illusion.

Everything is fine.

Wink, wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts