Friday, August 13, 2010

Here

I know that I've mentioned before how unexciting this summer has been. It really has been unimpressive. Usually it's filled with swim lessons and play dates and camp weeks and all kinds of fun. This year, not so much.

I've been told by a few people that the kids won't remember this summer. They won't remember how little we did, how few places we went, all the activities they missed out on. How for almost two months, we did almost nothing. I hope they won't remember that. I hope so.

I hope that they will remember the last few weeks though. I hope that they will tuck those memories away into the little vaults in their heads, never to be forgotten.

I hope that someday they will look back on their childhoods and remember today.

Today hasn't been exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. It's just been an ordinary day, but it's been an ordinary day here.

And that is what I want them to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts