Sunday, August 8, 2010

Divide

There are many pros and cons about having as many kids as we do.

I'm sure that the vast majority of people would see all the cons and think that they could so easily outweigh the pros. And, to be honest, there are times that I might even agree with them a little.

Having four kids is a lot of work. And it has a lot of consequences.

The one that rings most true in my head at the moment is the fact that there are really too many of us to stay in one room when we travel.

We have to divide the kids up, often sleeping in different rooms.

We have to routinely lie to hotels. Apparently, 3 kids is okay, but 4 requires a suite or extra room rental.

Home might be far away from where I am and where I want to be, but home has something I have been missing. There are five rooms there.

And one of them is where I can actually sleep with my husband.

As an aside, I think I may have had a breakthrough today. One that I haven't yet shared with said husband, but which will make him giddy to no end.

I was in the presence of 4 infants today, and at no time did I have an overwhelming urge to hold them and cuddle them and smell their little baby heads.

I didn't find myself longing for another baby.

Is it possible, really possible, that I am done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts