Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reason

You know, there are people out there who truly believe that everything happens for a reason.

I'm not so sure about that.

I think that particular belief is something that we have conjured up to make ourselves feel better when really terrible things happen. To soften the blow. To make it hurt less.

Here's the thing though, I don't buy it.

Because, honestly, so many things just don't make sense to me right now. And there can't be an explanation in the universe that would suffice.

People I love are hurting and scared. And there is virtually nothing anyone can do about it. What reason could there possibly be for that?

People I love are mourning the loss of a child, which is probably the most heartwrenching thing a human being could endure. There is nothing that makes sense about that. Nothing. I don't care what you say.

I'm in a bad place right now.

Whatever you do, don't try to reassure me right now. Don't try to tell me that everything happens for a reason. It doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that saying. It's bullshit...I pretty much stopped believing that when my friend's son died...and then after my sister lost her first PG at 34 weeks...well, let's just say there isn't any rhyme or reason. If there was a God than he is some evil mean son of a gun. I'll stick to Buddha's saying..."life is suffering". The end. Wishing you find some peace when there doesn't seem to be any. Hoping that you find some joy in the little things when it just hurts to breath. You have faced so much and it seems as if you need some good karma just about now.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts