Friday, June 11, 2010

Me

For those of you who don't know me well, let me introduce myself.

My name is Kelly. I was born and raised in Southern California and moved to Colorado almost five years ago.

I could bore you with all the little details about the things I've done, but I won't. This isn't a job application, and I don't think any of you care about my resume.

I have an almost completely wonderful husband. I have four kids, two boys and two girls. I also have an angel.

I have two very badly behaved dogs.

I love to write. In case you couldn't tell. I just started writing a third book. You know, in my free time.

I'm a doula, though I hardly get to work as one. When my kids get older, I hope to do it more often.

I'm a pain in the ass. I like things the way I like them. I tend to get my way.

I'm a perfectionist who has a problem with procrastination.

I'm a pretty tough chick, at least on the outside.

I'm a daughter and a sister and a wife and a mother and a friend (among other things). Sometimes those roles conflict with each other. They've been doing that a lot lately.

I call it like I see it. I won't hestitate to tell you that you are wrong. If you piss me off, you're going to know it. I don't do passive agressive. I've been told I'm scary. When one of my very best friends in the world got engaged, her fiance was afraid to meet me. Either she portrays me unfairly, or I really am that scary. Not sure which.

I love conflict. I think it's healthy for the soul. Think how much easier everything in life would be if everyone could just lay their cards on the table instead of playing games all the damn time.

I know a lot about a lot of stuff. Some is useful, some isn't. If you ask me a question, I might have an answer. And if I don't, I'll find you one. If I can't find an answer, I'll find someone who can.

If you need something and you ask me, chances are I will help you. I struggle with saying the word no.

I have an insanely sarcastic sense of humor. Laugh, dammit. Laugh!

I am who I am and I make no excuses about it. I guess some people find that intimidating. Or annoying. Or whatever.

It just makes me me.

Take it or leave it. Cause I ain't changin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts