Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fuse

I'll be the first to admit I've got a short fuse right now. There are just too many things going on inside my universe right now, and they are pushing me closer and closer to my limit. At any second now, I'll become a bumbling idiot, a screaming lunatic. Seriously.

So I'm cranky. Deal with it people, cause it most likely won't be changing any time in the near future.

As if I needed other things to worry about right now, I spent all morning painting the garage doors. Both of them. Oh, and the front door. Normally I love to paint. And under any other circumstance, I would love to paint the garage doors. But it wasn't my idea, and I don't do well with being told what to do and being threatened. Especially by stupid people with no lives of their own who have nothing better to do than harass me.

Have I ever mentioned that I despise HOAs?

Back when AJ was born, a sign was put on the garage door. One of those Welcome Baby Boy signs. You know, signs that are supposed to be bring cheer. Yeah, well...

The signs were attached with tape. And when we took them down, the tape took some paint along with it. Tom touched the paint up with what the builder gave us. Except the new touch up paint wasn't exactly the same color. The rest of the garage door had faded, the touch up paint had not.

I could have cared less. But unfortunately, my crazy neighbor, who happens to be the president of the HOA (by the way, who the hell voted for him anyway?) lives across the street from me. And though I don't particularly care if my paint isn't uniformly faded, it's the kind of thing that probably drove him insane.

Then again, he cuts his grass with scissors. (nope, not kidding)

So we got a letter about it last fall. It was getting to be the time of the year when one shouldn't paint things outside because it's too cold. I planned to repaint the doors this summer, once the kids were out of school and my life actually contained increments of time at home greater than 2 hours. You know - this week.

Before I could even get to this week though, I got another letter. This one even told me which shade of paint to buy. Isn't that nice of them?

At the end of my rope, and tired of being harassed about something so stupid, I went and got the paint. I just don't have the patience or energy to deal with it anymore. Oh, and I was planning to do it this week anyway. Too bad the HOA told me to buy the wrong color. I ended up needing to paint both the garage doors and the front door so it appeared intentional.

I do have to give my crazy neighbor some credit. He ran back in his house as soon as I started painting, didn't reappear until I was done. He's smart enough to stay out of my damn way. I'm pretty scary right now.

Told you I have a short fuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts