Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers

In my life I have been lucky. I've been surrounded by some really fantastic men.

As a doula, I have helped men become fathers, some for the very first time.

As a sister, I have been able to watch my brother become the father he always wanted to be.

As a niece, I was shown how to defend what is the most important by my godfather.

As a little girl, I was blessed to have been able to spend time with both my grandfathers.

As a teenager, I found out that grandfathers can be men that you aren't related to at all.

As a married woman, I became a daughter-in-law to a man who never had a daughter of his own.

As a mother, I have been fortunate to share this journey through parenthood with my amazing husband.

Before all those, though, I was just a little girl. A little girl who had long brown pigtails and wore footy pajamas and who's world revolved around the most important man in her life, her daddy.

Happy Father's Day. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts