Sunday, April 25, 2010

Six

I've spent a lot of time working to get things together for today. And it went well. I will write about the party tomorrow. Today, though, I won't.

At some point, midway through sweeping my kitchen floor after all the guests had left, it hit me. What happened six months ago. When I was supposed to be happy, celebrating something that day and instead received very different news. When my world stopping spinning the way it was supposed to and time picked up and started to run faster than it ever had before.

Time frames. I think about them a lot these days. How much time has passed. And what that means.

I would give anything to go back to that day, six months ago and change it all. To take back the words that were said that day by others far away. To change what the future held. Change how much things would be different.

One of my favorite songs growing up was this one, by Jim Croce. It's always reminded me of my Dad. But now, it does even more so. I love you, Dad.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
You're the one I want to go through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
That box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
You're the one I want to go through time with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ichO7gAeOGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts