Friday, March 19, 2010

Seriously

I find myself either saying or thinking this particular word a lot these days. Except it's more in the form of a question.

There are so many different things going on that make me say or think it. And it seems like practically every day brings a new reason to light.

As if I didn't have enough other health issues going on with my kids, in the last few months, all the following have been added: a possible case of scoliosis, an eye condition which may need therapy, two kids in need of glasses at some point in the near future, two kids who are probably going to need surgery and a partridge in a pear tree. So I'm being a bit facetious.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it, honestly. And I'm tired of the routine not being routine around here. Well child check ups are supposed to confirm that your children are just that. That they are "well", right? What ever that is, anyway. They aren't supposed to find other things that are wrong. Or at least I wished they worked that way.

I'm in hurry up and wait mode. I know that I am being referred to the right people to handle the surgery situations, it's just biding my time until the appointments. And hoping that nothing else happens in the meantime to make the scenario worse. Until then, I will sit and worry, cringing every time the phone rings from the school, hoping it isn't what I think it is.

I'm ready for a break. A time where nothing goes wrong for a little while. Seriously.

I have to say that not all of the things happening that make me wonder, seriously?, are bad. Some are just plain amusing. Disturbing, but amusing none the less. The one at school is laughable. Basically, there is a parent outraged about something that happened three months ago, and is determined to make a stink about it. But rather than facing the music, and doing the job they are paid to do, those in charge have taken another approach. Run and hide.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure that the people who put you in that position of authority wouldn't agree with your general approach. And really, if you can't handle being under the gun like that, then maybe you should rethink your career path.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts