Friday, February 19, 2010

Red

My Grandma Doll was an interesting lady. She used to do a lot of quirky things, one of which involved red lipstick. Whenever she was having a particularly bad day, whenever things were going wrong, whenever she felt the sickest, she would do one thing. Wear red lipstick. She always said it was something about how even in the face of the worst life can throw at you, you have to put your best effort into fighting it. And how much better, stronger, more able to fight she always was with that red lipstick on.

I don't own red lipstick. If ever there was a day when I needed to wear it, it's today. I need to go buy some.

If you happen to have a second to spare a thought today, your prayers are much appreciated. We need them.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with you, hope all is okay. Your Grandma sounds like a smart woman.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts