Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dull

This is the most boring four weeks of the entire year around here. At least as far as sports are concerned. The Super Bowl is over, and I find myself mourning the loss of football. I love football. Really. I'm not one of those girls that pretends to like football. I love it. I scream at the TV just as often as my husband does. And there is nothing in the world like seeing a game live, being there with thousands of other fans. I miss football while it is away, for sure. August can't come soon enough.

Though football is by far my favorite, I love other sports too. I like to watch tennis, though I have a hard time watching it pre-recorded. That being said, I'm not about to stay up late or get up early to watch it. If it happens while I am sleeping, that's just fine with me. The suspense will not kill me. Tom tapes the matches and watches them later, forbidding me from telling him the outcome. I just can't see sitting though hours of it when the match was over 13 hours ago.

I love baseball, but I don't love to watch it on TV. My husband, again, disagrees with me. Needless to say, it's a constant in the house during the summer. He even watches the preseason games. I can enjoy a game live, but it is hard to watch otherwise. It's a slow moving sport. And I just don't have that kind of attention span. If only it was as exciting as the guys on Baseball Tonight make it seem.

I'm not a basketball fan, not a real one. Until it gets closer to the end of the college season, I ignore it. I like the dance (aka the NCAA tournament), but I could care less about everything leading up to it. The NBA is full of overpaid guys who spend more time being dramatic to draw fouls than actually playing. It's not that I don't like the game, because I do. I just don't like the drama. Again, towards the end of the season, I start paying attention. It's actually a good sport to watch on TV, one of the best.

I don't do NASCAR. Can't watch golf. Not a hockey fan. Again, I like it in person, but not on TV. Plus, I totally don't understand the rules of hockey, so it's hard for me to ever know what is going on.

Put it all together, and February is a pretty dull month for me. Smack dab between football and baseball seasons. The dance hasn't started. Tennis is only on occasionally. I don't care much about the rest of it.

Thank God for the Olympics. This sports fan was just about to get bored. You can only watch Sportscenter so many times in a given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts