Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hurry

In addition to the million other things I have to do today, I have a big project to finish. I have to complete the annual calendars. Every year since Aidan was a baby, I have made calendars with pictures of the kids for family members. It started rather simply, with a generic one from a catalog that you just inserted a regular size photo print into. At some point, I decided that wasn't good enough and started looking for other options.

I do it now through Shutterfly, one of the most well known photo websites. I haven't had the time or frame of mind to even think about the calendars until I got an email a few days ago from the website. They have a fabulous sale going right now, which ends tonight. So the clock is ticking. Trouble is that it normally takes me about a week to get it all done. I have 14 hours left.

We store our pictures on an external hard drive, and it takes forever to sort through them. Really, I need to find some better software than we currently have, but it just hasn't been on my priority list. I have to crop them and edit them, figure out which go together, find layouts that work and put it all together. It should be simple, but I'm picky. That doesn't help.

It wouldn't be so bad, but there are a lot of other things going on today. The older kids are home this morning for late start. Ally still has school at her normal time. There is an assembly at school, and both Aidan and Ashley are winning awards, so I have to get back there for that. Maddie is at the vet, and we are waiting to find out what is going on with her. While we were gone, something happened and she got hurt. I'm hoping the news isn't bad. I'm not sure how much more of that I can handle right about now. Did I mention that it's only 15 degrees outside and snowing?

I'll find a way to get it done. Always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts