Monday, December 14, 2009

Days

I think I have been listening to the holiday stations on the radio too much lately. And I think that the kids have been singing the 12 days of Christmas too much lately, especially given the fact that as of yesterday, there were 12 days left until Christmas. This year has snuck up on me faster than any has before and I realized that I have a tremendous amount of stuff to get done in the next few days. Before they are out of school for the break and home all the time.

In honor of the season, the craziness of it all, I give you my new, modified lyrics. I shortened it for you, so all you need to imagine is that last verse of the song. I know you probably all have a million things to do this week too. ;)


The 12 Errands of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me

12 packages to ship
11 dozen cookies
10 gifts left to buy
9 carols to sing
8 rolls of wrapping paper
7 ugly sweaters
6 strings of lights
5 HUGE meltdowns!
4 trips to see Santa
3 class parties
2 exhausted parents
and a half decorated Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts