Monday, December 7, 2009

Coat

One thing that everyone here seems to know about me already is that cold weather doesn't bother me. I generally wear my capris and flip flops. It needs to be below about 25 degrees or actively snowing for me to put normal shoes on. It just doesn't phase me.

I think part of it is that I cannot stand to be hot. And when you bundle up, you get hot. Even if it's cold outside, at some point, you get hot. And whenever you go inside a building, you have to take off layers and layers of stuff and carry it around with you. Or leave it on and get even hotter. None of that holds much appeal for me.

The neighbor just shook her head at me this morning and I had to chuckle a little. There I am, outside shoveling the driveway in six (yes I said 6!) degree weather, it's snowing, and I was just wearing a light sweater. No coat, no hat. Truly it needs to be below zero for me to go that far. Or I have to know that I am going to be outside for an extended period of time.

It's a running joke at school. There are people who wait to see just how cold it needs to get for me to wear shoes. I am constantly scolded for the kids too. Except for Aidan, they tend to be like me too. They don't bundle. Cold doesn't bother them too much. I guess I got too used to living here, and they did too. I can't help it if they are like me.

Last week, a cold front came through and it got cold enough that I made Ally and AJ bundle up to go pick up the others from school one day. But I still didn't have a coat on. Problem is that if AJ is all bundled up, and I am all bundled up, it is hard to hold him. There just too much fluff in the way. And, really, it's not like it's that cold anyway. ;)

1 comment:

  1. my hubby and Charlotte are the same. He wore shorts to get the mail yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts