Friday, November 6, 2009

Things

Even though Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, I'm starting to get in the holiday spirit already. Maybe it's the fact that the kids sing Chrismas carols year-round. Maybe it is the relentless onslaught of catalogs arriving in the mail. Maybe it's that I have started creating lists and budgets. Maybe it's my attempts at looking forward to happy things. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. But whatever it is, it's working. I love Christmas.

In the spirit of the season (you know, the one we aren't really in yet), I started humming that song. The one about my favorite things. And I started thinking about mine. And I realized that most of my things weren't things at all.

I love super crazy tight hugs from my baby boy, who just recently figured out what a hug was.
I love arguing with my six year old over who loves who more first.
I love my husband's face when he is trying really hard not to laugh at Ally being naughty.
I love the cards my oldest son makes me, and leaves randomly around the house.
I love listening to my kids talk to my dad on the phone.
I love the smile on Ashley's face when she sees me waiting for her at the end of the day.
I love baby toes.
I love holding my sleeping babies, no matter which one.
I love the smell of candles.
I love the first sip of coffee.
I love freshly painted toenails.
I love the smell of a clean kid.
I love my contacts.
I love my dog's obsession with tennis balls.
I love pristine wood floors.
I love a quiet nighttime snowfall.
I love a crisp fall breeze.
I love a book or movie that makes me cry and laugh.
I love bunco. Not the game, but the excuse.
I love swimming, but I love a good hot tub even more.
I love bread.
I love when my car is actually clean.
I love bad TV.
I love perfume. But only in small quantities.
I love to take pictures.
I love to drive fast.
I love the fact that I can clean my house in 15 minutes if I have a really good reason.
I love containers. I really love containers.
I love football and chips and beer. And I really love salsa.
I love Kermit the Frog.
I love peaceful gardens.
I love music that reminds me of a time in my past.
I love sharks.
I love to play the Devil's Advocate.

There are many more things I love, for sure. But these are the things that came to mind just now. As the song goes....these are just a few of them. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts