Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sand

Time is an interesting concept, and our relationship with it inevitably changes as we age. I can remember being a kid and thinking that summer vacation would never get here. That Christmas was forever in the future. As I get older, those days arrive on the calendar sooner and sooner. Times speeds up more and more.

In the last few weeks, it seems like the sand has been running through the hourglass even faster than before. I feel like I've watched myself age visibly. I've had more than my fair share of gray hairs for years now, but they seem to be multiplying nightly. And they are spreading like wildfire, through the front and side of my head, to the places that I can see every time my reflection glances back at me in the mirror.

Time is a gift. Life is precious. And you only get one shot at this moment. Make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts