Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wings

At some point, I got a cookbook as a gift that we just recently started using. I'm not even sure how long I have had it, but it's a shame it went unused for as long as it did. It's a book that has tons of recipes for things you love already. Things you pay good money for. Things places are famous for. It's a restaurant recipe stealing book. And it is awesome.

We've only tried a few things out of there so far, but I have to say that they are pretty right on with the recipes. Now, I don't know if these are actually the recipes the restaurants use, but they are pretty darn close if they aren't. I can take no credit for this one I am sharing today. It's not my recipe. I didn't even make it. Tom did. He spent a good while last night making these bad boys for the first time. And he's kicking himself for it now, because he just lost an excuse to visit the place that is known for them.

They are just about exactly like you get in the restaurant, minus the jiggling delivery girls.

Hooters Hot Wings
  • vegetable oil for frying
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
  • dash ground pepper
  • dash garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 10 chicken wing pieces (can use other portions of chicken, or boneless, just adjust cooking time)

Combine flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl. Coat wings evenly. Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.

Combine butter, red hot, pepper and garlic powder in saucepan, heat thoroughly.

Use a deep fryer or very large pot and heat oil to 375. You need enough to cover all pieces. Fry wings 10-15 minutes, making sure that they aren't touching, until edges turn dark brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Put in large bowl and toss with butter sauce. Serve with blue cheese and celery pieces.

Feel free to jiggle if you think it makes them taste better. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'd pay good money to see Tom in a Hooter Girls tank top and orange Dove shorts. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts