Friday, October 30, 2009

Martha

I just about lost it last night when we were carving pumpkins. Somehow I had not noticed that Tom cut the bottoms off of them instead of the tops when he was cleaning them out. I was probably busy doing something else and not entirely paying attention. It wasn't until I started helping Ally carve hers that I realized the difference. And he excitedly asked me if I thought it was a great idea. You can put the candle on the bottom, then replace the pumpkin on top instead of trying to cram your arm inside with a lit candle from the top. Okay, I thought. Makes sense, I guess. And then he confessed where he got the idea from. Martha. As in Stewart.

He's been home a little more than normal lately, between taking a random day off and the weather. Not that I am complaining. But he watches some funky stuff on TV. He loves Let's Make a Deal and The Price is Right. I forsee watching a tremendous amount of game shows when we are retired. And, apparently, he likes Martha. Not that there is anything wrong with that. After all, I was watching it with him yesterday morning, in awe of some of the costumes she had on the show. But then he fessed up. It wasn't on yesterday's show. It was from a few days ago. He was watching it when I wasn't even around.

As it turns out, it is a pretty good idea. The pumpkins came out good, and it is a whole lot easier to light the candles this way. That Martha....she knows her stuff. And I never would have guessed that my husband is a fan. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts