Saturday, September 12, 2009

Overwhelmed

We all have a breaking point. We all reach the time where we just want to utter "uncle" and make it all stop. And that point is different for each person. Some people really and truly are at the end of their rope with things that wouldn't even phase me. But that's the thing. It's all relative.

There is a much overused saying that God only hands you as much as you can handle. And that you never know how much you can handle until you are tested. That only through being tested can you fully see the extent of your abilities, the limits of your patience, the strength of your resolve. I've told people these things plenty of times in an attempt to help, and others have said them to me when I needed to hear them. When you are in the thick of it, when you feel like things are spiraling out of control, you never believe them.

It's been a hard few weeks around here. But I will persevere. I will do what needs to be done. And, yes, I will be stronger in the end. We all will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts