Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Divine

Keeping with this week's apparent theme, I am writing up another recipe today. This one is a new one, and even though I've never used it before yesterday, it is an instant favorite. I saw something very similar in a cookbook and had to try it. Of course, I had to change it up a little from what the original recipe called for. I seem to have trouble following directions fully. :)

This one is for cookies. But not just any cookies. These are little orange clouds of joy. They are soft and melt in your mouth. They are just simply delicious. Ashley asked me last night if we can make these for Santa this year. I'm guessing that means she likes them too.

Pumpkin Divine Cookies
  • 8 oz softened cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder

Beat cream cheese and sugars, add eggs one at a time, then the pumpkin and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients, then add and mix thoroughly. Drop by rounded teaspoonfulls and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Frosting

  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3-4 tbsp boiling water

Combine, adding water a little at a time until desired consistency. Frosting will set fairly quickly as it cools. Frost cooled cookies. Then try not to eat all of them. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts