Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wasted

I wasted a perfectly good morning today. Summer mornings are gorgeous here in Colorado, and often the only time of day when it's cool enough to do anything substantial outdoors that doesn't involve water. There are countless things I could have done this morning. But I was busy. I had a garage sale.

I've spent weeks getting things ready to put out, both anticipating and dreading today. I hate having garage sales. I hate people giving me sad eyes when I tell them that no, I won't take a quarter for something labeled five dollars. I hate the kids wanting to help, running around the driveway while it is filled with strange people. But, I hoped that it would be worth the effort.

Of course, we found out a couple days ago that the HOA is having a neighborhood sale in August. Whether I will put anything out for that, I'm not sure. Our neighborhood is faily isolated, gets almost no traffic. This is a good thing almost all the time. All the time, that is, except when you are trying to have a garage sale. We had one a few years ago during a neighborhood sale and did only slightly better than this time. You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time around.

For whatever reason, I went ahead with it again. I was wrong, completely and totally wrong. Weeks of preparation, 4 hours standing outside. And for what? $67. I'm done with garage sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts