Friday, July 17, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

My apologies to all those daily readers out there who are probably wondering what has happened to me. I try to get the daily entry posted by noon or so, but it just didn't happen today. I had every intention of having a fairly mellow day. I was going to take the kids to the pool for swim team and lessons, then ballet. I was going to run to the grocery store for a few things and come home. Home. Home sweet home. Haven't seen much of it this week. I had grand plans of cleaning my bathrooms and mopping the floor. As of right now, my bathrooms are no cleaner, my floor no less sticky.

What happened? Nothing, really. Just life. And being that it is summertime, it's a good time to find other things to do than planned. It doesn't help that I have a few friends who twisted my arm this morning. Toilets can wait. Come to the pool, they said. The same pool, mind you, that we were already sitting at, waiting for the swim team to finish up.

As we walked out into the parking lot, us on the way to ballet class, these friends of mine, these terribly convincing friends, managed to talk me into running around like a mad woman for the following two and a half hours, just so I could come right back to the pool. Makes complete sense, right?

To the pool we went, again. Only this time, we went with the purest of intentions. To have fun. No classes, no training, no teachers, no coaches. Just friends, food, sunshine and cool water. I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday afternoon. And my friends were right. The toilets can wait. Summer comes once a year.

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts