Sunday, May 31, 2009

Familiar

I was driving down one of the main roads here in town a couple days ago when a funny thing happened. Something that tends to happen a lot to me. A car full of complete strangers waved frantically at me, trying to get my attention. Once I looked at them, I realized why they were waving. They know me. Or they think they do, anyway.

I've been told for years that I am familiar looking, that I just look like someone. Many, many people have told me that I just remind them of someone, or look like their friend. I just got used to it.

I guess I have gotten more used to it over the years, because I now play along. When that car full of complete strangers waved at me, fully thinking that I must have been someone else, I waved back. Yep, sure, it's me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts